Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New series

This past weekend Colby and I had the privileged of attending the "Love Worth Fighting For" conference with speaker Kirk Cameron and musical guest Warren Barfield. It was a truly awesome event and something I haven't been able to get off of my mind since that evening. So I have decided that since I have my very own blog, why not write about it?! So over the next few weeks, i'm going to do a bit of a series on the subject of marriage. Now I am not an expert by any means, but my husband and I have gone to marriage training for over half of our marriage and I will be using quite a bit of that teaching, as well as things we learned at this seminar. I'm also planning on sharing bits of our story and things we personally have learned through some of the things we've been through.

I can tell you that it's going to be real. I'm going to be honest, and at times i'm going to be very blunt. But I think it's time for more people to stand up and teach on God's design of marriage, which is one reason I was so grateful to get to go to this seminar. By the way, if this seminar is coming anywhere close to your area you should absolutely go! I very highly recommend it!

So if this at all interests you, feel free to follow my blog or subscribe and receive each post directly in your inbox. My goal is to have two posts up each week, but since i'm getting a bit of a late start this week there will only be one this week. Please join me in this series and feel free to leave feedback and your thoughts on the subject in the comments section.

And just to get everyone in the mood for this, here is the music video of the theme song from the movie "Fireproof". It's called "Love is not a fight" by Warren Barfield and it is such a powerful song!





This post is linked up with Time-Warp Wife, Raising Homemakers, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home and To Love Honor and Vacuum.

5 comments:

Mrs. Zwieg said...

Hello! I am hopping over from the Time-Warp Wife and am following! I am excited to see what you have to write as we LOVED Fireproof!

My husband and I went to the Song of Solomon marriage conference last year with speaker, Pastor Mark Driscoll...wow, that was an eye opener too!

Have a great day, be blessed!

Jamie said...

Thank you so much for visiting and following my blog! I really hope you enjoy this series, and feel free to add any thoughts you might have on each topic. :o)

Jamie

BTW, I haven't heard about that conference before. Going to look into it right now.

Unknown said...

Awesome! I'm looking forward to it! God teaches us all different things at different times. I think, sometimes, there is as much to learn from someone who has been married a short period of time as there is to learn from someone who has been married years and years.

Sherry

E. Tyler Rowan said...

I loved Fireproof! Have you seen the movie? So, so, so good! Little known fact - for the kissing scene, Kirk Cameron insisted that his real-life wife shoot that scene with him; he wouldn't kiss his movie wife.

Bless you,
Tyler

Amy said...

I look forward to reading this series! I am so glad to have found you from the hop!
www.5littleteeth.blogspot.com