Tuesday, September 1, 2009

All things kids

That's what my life feels like right now! :o) Day in and day out it's kids, kids, kids. When I wake up it's kids. When I go to sleep it's kids. As a mom of 3 kids under 5 that's normal I guess but it can still be a bit of a challenge. There are those days that make me want to run back to bed and hide under the blankets, but for the most part as hard as this mom thing is I do love what I do. But even the most wonderful and dedicated moms need their breaks which is why I LOVE my husband! He totally gets that I need my times of just me! The other night he got home from work and i'd had an especially hard day so he let me go by myself to the store for about an hour while he took care of the kids. He fixed dinner and got the kids mostly ready for bed so all I had to do was help tuck them in and then sit and relax. It was awesome!!!

Starting in 2 weeks i'll also be getting a couple hours to myself ever other week, we're starting a scrapbook bible study this month so i'll get to get out of the house and scrap! I'm super excited, it'll give me a chance to have to scrapbook which is totally something I need otherwise I never get to it. Believe it or not i'm still trying to finish Lexi's first year album! But it's fun because I get the chance to see how much Lexi and Logyn look alike. My father-in-law was looking at Lexi's book and thought I had put a page of Lexi next to Logyn to show how much they look alike when in fact it was just Lexi. I'm really curious to see how much they'll look alike when they're older!

Konner told me the other day that he thinks I should have another baby and make this one a boy. haha! I was actually waiting for that to come from him at some point, after all he's surrounded by girls so I figure it's only natural for him to want another boy form him and daddy to play with. But sadly...that's not going to happen since we've decided Logyn will be our last baby. Oh well, i'm sure he'll enjoy being the big brother!

Well I guess I better get back to my house work...after all a mom's work is never done!

No comments: