Friday, September 25, 2009

My how time has flown!

Logyn is now 8 months old! I can't believe 8 months has gone by since she was born, next month she'll have been here as long as I was pregnant which is just crazy! I thought my pregnancy went by so fast but it was nothing compared to since she's been born. My crazy girl is now starting to walk already! She took her very first steps yesterday, I just can't believe she's already starting to walk! She's done everything faster than Konner and Lexi but this is way faster than both of them, they were both 13 months and 2 weeks before they took their first steps. Once she figured out she could take a step that's the first thing she'd do every time she'd stand up which is all the time. I feel so bad for Colby though because he was at work and missed it, I was actually on the phone with him when she did it so he got to hear that she's done it. But she did good and did it again for him when he got home, and for Colby's parents when we went to dinner with them. Konner and Lex are so excited that she's trying to walk, every time she stands up now they yell for me to come watch cause she's gonna walk! It's so cute. :o)

It's so hard to believe sometimes that i'm a mom of 3, i'm only 23 years old and I already have 3 kids! I've actually had a bit of a hard time the last few weeks because i've just been feeling so overwhelmed with all of it. I know this was all my choice and don't get me wrong, I love my kids and wouldn't trade them for the world but I started feeling like i'd missed out on a lot of my life by having them. Gosh, just typing that is even hard! There's so many people out there that struggle to have babies and want them so bad and here I was not even liking mine or really even wanting them around. How awful is that?! I was the worst mother in the world!

But we had a Connect service which is a night of prayer and praise-at our church on Sunday night and God ministered so powerfully to me that night. A lady on our prayer team prayed with me and prayed peace and wisdom over me without knowing anything I was dealing with and that was exactly what I needed. I've been so lost on knowing what to do with my kids, I mean they're great kids but like everyone they have their weaknesses which have just been driving me crazy! I've needed wisdom on how to address these weaknesses and still keep myself controlled at the same time. I've also needed peace because i've just been so down and really upset with so much lately, some things that shouldn't matter and some things that really should but either way worrying over them hasn't changed a thing-surprise surprise!

I've had such a different week this week and I know it was because of Sunday night! Pastor Don said at church that morning that if we would come to the service expecting something of God that we wouldn't be disappointed and God would meet us there and that's exactly what happened! Honestly this has been a crazy week, the kids have been fighting more than normal, very little has gone smoothly and honestly I had a fairly bad morning yesterday but over all i've had a peace and calm this week that I haven't had in a long time and it's been wonderful. I'm so thankful that I serve a God that knows exactly where i'm at and comes to me even though i've done nothing to deserve it.

Well I guess I better get back to all my housework, it never seems to end which I guess is a good thing. It just means we have food to eat, clothes to wear and a house to live in-looking for the positives here! ;o)

No comments: