Saturday, October 17, 2009

A little late...

Well I was supposed to get on here like 2 days ago and update on my cleaning and i'm just now getting to it. ugh! I'm so bad at this! Well for those of you that care....I did get my bathroom finished. It ended up being a day later than I was planning but I did get it done! :o) Now moving on to something more interesting than my bathroom... :o)

Have you ever been in the place where you're ready to move to the next phase of life? There are things in life right now that i'm ready to be done with but it's just not happening in my time line. I've kinda been thinking that maybe it's my timing but not Gods and I need to just trust in Him for things to happen in His time, and honestly i've been getting impatient and almost angry at God for not making these things happen for us. But last night at couples Pastor David read Proverbs 19 and verse 3 really stuck out to me, here it is in the Message... "People ruin their lives by their own stupidity, so why does God always get blamed?" I kinda had to sit back and think on that today.

If i'm honest with myself i've made a lot of stupid choices and really dumb mistakes and yet i've turned around and blamed the consequences on God! Pastor Connie said last night that sometimes we even give Satan the time off and mess things up for ourselves! I hate to say it but I think i've done that way to many times.

But I spent some time today really praying about these areas and things I want to change and i'm starting to see what I need to do. For months and months i've been praying for knowledge, wisdom, miracles...you name it and now i'm kinda seeing that what I really need to just quit sitting around and waiting for God to do some supernatural thing and start doing the natural things He's been telling me to do.

Now don't get me wrong, I totally believe in the supernatural things of God and I do think there is a huge place for that-i've had plenty of supernatural things happen in my life. But I do think there is a point where you've got to stop sitting around waiting for miracles to fall out of the sky and get to work! I think i'm at that point, actually I think i've been at that point for a while now but i'm just now starting to admit it and really make a plan and point to do the work.

Anyways, that's been my big revelation for the day...you'd think after being a christian for most of my life i'd have these things down by now! But i'm really glad to serve a God that doesn't get angry or frustrated with us when we do stupid stuff! Now I guess it's off to work... :o)

No comments: