Friday, October 14, 2011

Can I Be Real?

When I first started talking about marriage and other issues on this blog and not just the every day happenings of my house, the one thing I said I wanted to do most of all on here was to be real. So with that being said, can I just be real for a minute?

I'm tired.

I'm completely overwhelmed with life right now.

I wake up most days feeling like i'm at least a week behind in everything, and that's on a good day.

There are a lot of days that my kids drive me completely insane.

I have a list of chores that need to be done at least a mile long.

As much as love writing on this blog, there are some days that I just don't want to do it anymore.

My husband and I got in a huge fight last night and even though we worked it out, i've spent a lot of today wishing I could go back and have kept my mouth shut.

I currently have dishes from two days ago that still need to be washed.

As much work as I have to do, i'd much rather turn on Pandora and play around on Pinterest.

I'm dealing with family drama and really want to get angry, stay angry and lash out in anger.


I could keep going on with this list but i'm sure you all get the general idea. These last couple of months it has seemed that life is just getting the best of me. It's times like this that I have to constantly remind myself of two verses. The first one is Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." and the second one is 1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."

See, I don't have to do it all, be it all or carry it all. I simply have to wake up each morning and do the very best that I can for that day. If the day ends and there are still dirty dishes in the sink but i've spent time with Jesus letting go of anger, hurts or sadness then I will still count it as a good day.

I've wanted to so much to be real in everything I say on this blog and right now the realness of my life is that i'm burdened. But it's so amazing to know that I can take each one of my burdens and throw them on Jesus!

If you're struggling with any of this and feeling weighed down with your own burdens, take some time today to just throw your burdens on Him as well. His shoulders are much better at carrying the weight than you and I.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Good morning! Rolling through my blog list this morning and your post caught my eye. I've been there on many occasions but oh to know that my sweet Savior loves me so much that I needed to go through those things to teach me valuable lessons. It is when we truly learn to rest in Him and rely on his power that our minds are renewed, our hearts our transformed thus reflecting the beauty of Christ in us. How lovely that we have a loving, compassionate Savior to turn to for rest. Be blessed this day dear sister and sit at His feet and receive all the blessings he has for you. Just recently He gently reminded me of how I sing that song ♪♫ Every blessing you pour out I'll turn back to praise♪♫
Every day we must look at our blessings and turn them back to praise to the one who gives them. Have a lovely weekend.

Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
~Marie

Becky H said...

As I was reading your post I thought you were reading my mind. These last couple of weeks have been rough the devil has been attacking me through things said at church (people talking about me behind my back) wore out, just tired of all of it. I know to keep my eyes on Jesus just helps knowing I'm not the only one who stuggles with this. Thanks for being real.
Have a blessed weekend!
Becky

stefanie cunnington said...

Can I say I understand? That I get tired of dealing with drama, and the same sins over and over again. All I can say is, Keep your eyes on the Lord. He knows, he's with us, He's praying for us. That last is such a comfort for me when I'm struggling.
Stefanie