Monday, November 7, 2011

5 Years Ago...

Yesterday we celebrated my daughter's 5th birthday so please excuse me while I get sentimental, just for today. :o)

5 years ago I was the mother of a son. I had a rough and tumble little boy who was into everything and felt it was his mission in life to destroy everything in his path. I was still learning how to do this whole "motherhood" thing and had finally gotten somewhat of an idea of what I was doing. Then came Alexis. She was pink all over and had complete control of her daddy from the moment she was born. She was full of drama and had the strongest will that I had ever dealt with, and in five years very little has changed. And yet, much has changed. Somehow in the blink of an eye, my little Lexi went from this...


To this...


She has transformed from a chubby little toddler into such a beautiful little lady and yet I know that at only 5 years old, the transformation is only beginning. I know that one day not too far away i'll look back at the pictures from this weekend and say "where did my baby go?". But for now, i'm going to hang on to this moment, hug her a little longer and enjoy these mere moments that she is a child.



Happy birthday my sweet Alexis! There is no one else in this like you, you are truly a one in a million girl and I thank God daily for allowing me to be your mother. I love you my sweet girl, never ever forget that!

No comments: